Saturday, December 22, 2007

I'm Home!!!

It has been a month since I added anything to my blog so I thought I better let you all know I am alive and well. Coleen and I had a fabulous trip to visit with Tammie. She was a fantastic hostess. She took us all over and made some good German meals for us. She made sure we had the full bakery experience while there. I know I ate more things from the fresh bakery there in three weeks than I have here in the last ten years. The autobon (I don't know how to spell it) was an experience I don't think I'll ever forget. I always thought Bob was a fast driver on the freeways, but his daughter, Tammie, can outdo him. We went 180 kilometers in a tiny car that I didn't think could go that fast. I think Tammie told me that is like 110 miles an hour. We stayed in a hostle in Frankfurt, which I had never done before. Coleen has written much more and has good pictures, so be sure and check out her blog. The countryside was just beautiful. We saw castles, a walled city. the biggest Christmas tree in the world, and many many Christmas Markets. I will not miss the cobblestone roads. Now that I am home, I will miss Tammie and my five grandchildren who live so far away. Gardner was so nice because he took Thursdays and Fridays off work so he could watch the kids while Tammie, Coleen and I played. Jet lag has really set in. I wake up at 3-4 am every morning ready to get up and go. However by 10 -11 am I'm ready for a nap. So far I haven't been able to take one yet. Just in case it takes me a while to get back to this blog, I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm so glad you guys are home! We've missed you both.

Heather said...

Kay,
It sounds like you guys had a wonderful trip! We need to get together for lunch sometime!
Love,
Heather