Friday, January 25, 2008

January is going by fast!

Well, Coleen finally did a post so I figured it was time I did too. This month has been a stay at home time for me because I don't like to go out in the snow. I go to church on Sunday and go to clean out my parents home every Monday and Saturday and that has been my life this month. I haven't been in a store of any kind since Germany. Oops, I forgot I did go buy new fabric for baby blankets. So far this month I have crocheted around 6 baby blankets and 6 burp cloths and have crocheted 4baby blankets. Rhonda wants me to crochet an afghan for her, but that would mean I would have to go to the store and buy some yarn. Maybe one of these days I'll get brave and go to the store. I'm glad my husband likes to do the grocery shopping so we can at least eat. We are making good progress on my parents home. I think we have cleaned out every cupboard and closet there. Tomorrow I think we are going to try and tackle the garage. The worst part about all this cleaning is there is so much, we (my siblings) can't seem to throw away, so we take it to our homes. I'm getting quite a build up of extra things. I hope my family can use some of our little treasures.

7 comments:

Harwood Family said...

That is why we no longer come to visit this time of year. Now that you're retired you should become one of the snowbirds we see everywhere. While you are getting all that snow up in Utah, down here in Arizona we've been in the 60's this January. Generally in February we're in the 70's and 80's. Good luck with the snow.:)

Kimberly said...

My mom keeps complaining because none of us live close enough for her to pass stuff off to.

Coleen said...

Yay! It's like update week or something, hehe. You, Mandy, me, Ashalee starting hers...I hope we can all keep it up!

britentj said...

I can buy you the yarn!! ***GRIN***

Tamara Wheeler said...

Sure, Rhonda will buy you the yarn. But will she deliver it to ya so you don't have to leave the house? tee-hee

Courtney said...

That's cool. I just finished making my Quilt. It's cute. I'll have to show you it sometime.

britentj said...

Of course I will deliver it! I will mail it and Dad can get it when he gets the mail, Mom would never have to leave the house! **GRIN**