Saturday, April 19, 2008

We're Home from Maui!

We had a nice relaxing time in Maui for the last two weeks. My sister, Sharon and her husband Stan went with us. The first week went by fast even though we didn't do too much. I guess the highlight of the week was watching General Conference at 6 am and 10 am on Saturday and Sunday. We usually have to go over to the church to watch it, but this time I took my laptop and we were able to watch it on the internet. That worked out really well! The men had to go over to the church at 2 pm for the Priesthood session. Sharon and I went shopping!! April 7th was Sharon's birthday so we went out to dinner at Sharon's favorite place in Maui, Leilani's.
Coleen came and spent the last week with us. It is always fun to have someone come who has never been there before. She went snorkeling with Bob in the mornings at 7 am. I didn't think she would get up to go that early, but she did! I think she really enjoyed it because she was ready to go again the next morning and the next also. We took her up to the volcano and she enjoyed the ride on the steep windy road up through the clouds. It was nice and clear at the top of the volcano. We enjoyed going to a luau and also going on a whale watch before coming home. I got some crocheting done, some of my mother's journal typed, and read, read, read. I read the books Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. The next book in the series doesn't come out until August. I guess I'll just have to wait patiently to read it. So, Aloha, until next year -- I hope things work out so we can go again. Actually, we are going again at the end of October on a cruise of the islands.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Those books are addictive! I Loved them! I cannot wait for the next one... and the movie!

britentj said...

I am glad you had a blast in Maui!!! Want me to get you the next book when it comes out? We have to get two, one for Ash and one for Kenz, then who ever finishes first gets to lend me theirs! lol I think us three girls are coming up for the book release at the BYU bookstore in August, at least Angela told me Ash could come if she wanted to, so we will see what happens. *sigh*

love ya!

Heather said...

It sounds like you had a great time in Maui. I also love the Twilight books and can't wait until the next one come out.

Cindy & Billy said...

They were good books. Sounds like you had a blast

The Johnson's said...

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)
AdAm.J